Below is the current product backlog for the Laharsub project, in priority order. Relative size estimate provided in brackets. Please share your opinion or share an idea by adding a comment below or starting a
- Notification streaming . This is to enable a streaming mode where multiple notifications can be sent from the server to the client without buffering them in memory.
- Single message mode . This is to add a mode where only the most recently published message is available to topic subscribers (useful in applications where only the most recent version of data is relevant).
- Security . This is to enable HTTPS with server authentication, integrity and confidentiality, as well as client authentication and authorization.
- MSI installer . This is to provide a better experience for installing binary releases.
- Windows Azure, single instance . This is to enable deployment in
Windows Azure using a single instance of a role (no scale-out).
- Self hosted scale-out extension . This is to enable scale-out to several instances in a self-hosted environment (where any software can be installed).
- Windows Azure, scale-out to several instances . This is to enable enable scale-out to several role instances in Windows Azure, possibly taking dependency on a technology only available in Windows Azure.
- Amazon EC2, single instance . This is to create an image for
Amazon EC2 to enable quick deployment of Laharsub backend in a single VM in EC2 (no scale-out).
- Amazon EC2, scale-out to several instances . This is to enable enable scale-out to several VMs in Amazon EC2, possibly taking dependency on a technology only available in Amazon EC2.
- WebSockets . This is to add support for the
WebSockets protocol in addition to HTTP long polling.
- Short polling . This is to add support for HTTP short polling in addition to HTTP long polling to address scenarios where the client is running in an older browser.