The 2010.07.10 release of the Laharsub project contains the following:
- A .NET 4.0 WCF HTTP service that implements the REST publish/subscrive APIs for creating topics, publishing to a topic, and subscribing to topics.
- Windows Service host for the WCF HTTP service.
- Windows Console Application host for the WCF HTTP service.
- Memory based implementation of the publish/subscribe backend logic (does not scale out, but feel free to replace with your own).
- A jQuery extension that implements the client side of the REST protocol for consumption from Ajax clients.
- Subscription API based on HTTP long polling for reduced delivery latency. The API allows multiplexing of multiple subscriptions on a single HTTP long poll for reduced connection limit usage in the browser environment.
- Unit tests with 74% block coverage.
- A sample web chat application that uses the jQuery extension.
- A manual test client for casual latency testing and experimentation.
The release has a dependency on .NET Framework 4.0.
The documentation section provides more information about using this binary drop
. The architecture and design
section provides more information on the technical aspects of the solution. Please leave your comments or ideas in the discussion or issue tracker section.