New in the 2010.07.25 release:
- A .NET 4.0 client for the Laharsub server with unit tests with 65% code coverage
- A Silverlight 4 client for the Laharsub server with unit tests (no code coverage data available, but the codebase and tests are similar to the .NET 4.0 client)
- A bug fix in the multipart/mixed encoding of HTTP long poll responses
This release contains everything the previous release (2010.07.10) offered:
- .NET 4.0 WCF HTTP service that implements the REST publish/subscrive APIs for creating topics, publishing to a topic, and subscribing to topics.
- Windows Service host for the WCF HTTP service.
- Windows Console Application host for the WCF HTTP service.
- Memory based implementation of the publish/subscribe backend logic (does not scale out, but feel free to replace with your own).
- Server side unit tests with 74% block coverage.
- jQuery client
- jQuery extension that implements the client side of the REST protocol for consumption from Ajax clients.
- sample web chat application that uses the jQuery extension.
- manual test client for casual latency testing and experimentation.
- Subscription API based on HTTP long polling for reduced delivery latency. The API allows multiplexing of multiple subscriptions on a single HTTP long poll for reduced connection limit usage in the browser environment.
The release has a dependency on .NET Framework 4.0 on the server, and Silverlight 4, jQuery, or .NET 4.0 on the client, depending on the client technology.
The documentation section provides more information about using this binary drop
. The architecture and design
section provides more information on the technical aspects of the solution. Please leave your comments or ideas in the discussion or issue tracker section.